Probate is a term that refers to the process of administering the estate of a person who has passed away. The decedents will typically name an individual, often a family member or close friend, to serve as a personal representative or the executor of the estate. In most cases, these individuals are not familiar with the legal duties and requirements that come with the job, which can lead to numerous complications and concerns.
At Kuffel, Hultgrenn, Klashke, Shea & Ellerd, LLP, we represent clients on all sides of complex estate administration matters, including executors and personal representatives, trustees, beneficiaries, and others. Our thorough knowledge of the law and extensive experience in these cases puts us in a strong position to provide the skillful representation you require.
Experienced Washington Probate Administration Attorneys
We understand that the probate process can be quite complex for people who are not familiar with it, especially in the wake of a loved one’s passing. Our probate attorneys will be there with you at every step in the process, working to ensure that all requirements are properly fulfilled, and that the administration of the estate is completed in the most efficient possible manner. We proudly serve residents Southeastern Washington, including Kennewick, Pasco and Richland.
We provide quality legal services in all aspects of probate law, including:
- Verification of the Will and Other Estate Documents: we draft estate planning documents for our clients that will avoid civil litigation in probate, will consider estate tax issues, and will pass on their wealth exactly as they wish.
- Gathering and Inventorying of Estate Assets
- Creditor Claims and Payment of Debts
- Distribution of Estate Assets
- Probate Litigation and Resolution, Including Beneficiary Disputes and Breach of Duty Claims
- Probate Alternatives: Independent estate planning can offer a number of non-probate options. There are many types of accounts that allow you to have complete control over your assets and still have the peace of mind that they will be transferred to your heirs should something happen to you. They include: joint tenancy bank accounts, pay on death accounts, transfer on death deeds and accounts, Revocable Living Trusts, and community property agreements.
Contact our office to discuss your legal concerns with a lawyer. We are available during our regular business hours of 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. Our office is conveniently located next to the Red Lion in Pasco.